2022-2023 Registration is open!!!
Registration for 2022-2023 Motown Grapplers Wrestling Season is now open
The Motown Grappler Club is a not for profit organization dedicated to providing kids, ages 6 to 14 years, in the Morristown area the chance to learn the sport of wrestling through competition.
The club was founded in 2001 by two brothers, Matt and Bryan Manahan, who initially funded the program from their own savings.
We now rely upon contributions from our sponsors and the income from our annual King of the Mat tournament to help fund and support the initiatives of our organization. We look forward to working with your child this season on the mat and helping them also learn the important values of self confidence, motivation and leadership along the way.
Pre-Clinic: K-2nd grade
- This program is designed for the beginner / novice wrestler in K–2nd grade. The skills learned at this level will help the wrestler to gain confidence and ability to move on to compete with the Clinic team.
- Learn wrestling basics with drills and games.
- Most Pre-Clinic wrestlers will not compete with Clinic team, however it can be an option for Pre-Clinic wrestlers who have demonstrated progress at this level and who display the maturity to participate in more serious structured practices and competitive matches.
- Practice: 2X per week
Clinic: 3rd – 5th grade (some 1st & 2nd graders will be considered)
- This program is designed for first and second year wrestlers in 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders.
- Wrestlers will participate in the King of the Mat development league. Competitions are informal and score is not kept. Designed to introduce kids to competition and prepare for the next level.
- Structured practice with focus on partner drilling.
- Practices must be attended regularly in order to participate in league competitions.
- It’s imperative that Clinic wrestlers progress through the variety of techniques taught during the season. Regular attendance by all ensures success at this level and prepares kids for the next level.
- Competition is encouraged for all Clinic wrestles but not mandatory.
- Throughout the season there are novice matches and novice tournaments that are organized for the kids to participate.
- The more the kids compete, the sooner they will be ready for the next level.
- Practice: 3X per week
Junior Varsity & Varsity: 3rd – 8th grade
- This program is designed for all wrestlers in 6th – 8th grades, and wrestlers in 3rd – 5th with 2 full years of competition under their belt.
- Structured practice, focus on drilling with partner.
- Practices must be attended regularly in order to participate in league competitions. (Exceptions will be made for Middle School wrestlers who participate with FMS Team)
- Regular attendance demonstrates commitment to the team and to an individual’s desire to improve in this difficult but rewarding sport.
- Wrestlers compete on a team in one of two leagues, Future Stars Wrestling League for JV and Tri-County Wrestling League for Varsity.
- An internal competition determines the 17 Varsity weight classes from 50 – 165 lbs.
- Both leagues provide organized schedules and matches and typically end their seasons with league tournaments.
- Practice: 3 – 4X per week
2021-2022 Registration is open!!!
Registration for 2021-2022 Motown Grapplers Wrestling Season is now open